A message from Col Ariel Querubin III

Sunday, October 25, 2009


May the Peace of Christ be with you!

I have no doubt in my mind that the Lord has all the while been preparing me for public service. I was left for dead in 1989, and He allowed me to spring back to life. I have been imprisoned as a soldier, but I fully regained the honor and right to wear a soldier’s uniform after having been awarded the Medal of Valor in 2001. As my military career was very much back on track, I was again challenged to choose between right and wrong, between honor and injustice, between good and evil.

Even as we all work for a vibrant and prosperous Philippines, my dream is for every Filipino to enjoy the essence of freedom from poverty, fear, and injustice, to feel the tangible benefits of good governance, and to live comfortably in a society that fosters the unity of the family, protects human rights, and upholds the dignity of all.

I have not had an easy life. My life story has been replete with vivid encounters with injustice poverty, corruption, and war. These painful experiences have shaped this dream. I never succumbed to the lure of material wealth. The physical, mental, and emotional hardships have been painful, but I never sold my soul.

I am fully aware that some people would insist that men in uniform should stay away from politics; that we would serve best our nation if we were fighting wars in Mindanao; that we have no business in meddling with the affairs of the state as we have been formed and trained in the rudiments of war, and not in the civil service, much less in politics. I agree but that assumes that the people who have been entrusted with the public trust have been sincere, honest, and have been true to their pledges.

As a young soldier, armed with idealism and the fire of youth, I have offered my life to defend this country from ALL its enemies. I have suffered long and hard for the principles that I hold dearly. Many of my loved ones have suffered with me – maybe not physically, but certainly have shared in the misery and hardships that I have endured. The fire of idealism still burns in me, but I have been wiser not to engage fire with fire.

With a lot of circumspection, I have decided to run for the senate in 2010. I have no political pedigree. I have no political machinery. I have no financial resources. But I do have honor. I do have principles. I do have courage.

I believe I am ready to take on this new role, with your prayers and support this dream is not too far- fetched. It takes the collective effort of every member of this society to make things improve for a country in disarray... a country that has been plundered... a country whose hope is running dry...

All I can do, on my end, is to make the best effort possible to make society better, stand by my principles, and fight for what is right. There is hope for this country and our people, all we have to do is believe.

This I will do, if not for myself and our generation, then at least for our young children and their children. My warmest personal regards and God bless us all.

Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!


Sincerely yours,


ARIEL O QUERUBIN
querubinariel@yahoo.com
+639175414289

Kindly send this to all your relatives and friends if you believe in my cause. Thanks

5 comments:

To Col. Querubin:

Are you a member of Magdalo? The recent news that the group will be supporting Chiz Escudero of the NPC shows their indifference to the Aquinos and that they're controlled by Sen. Honasan who led the bloodiest coup d'etat during Cory's time.

You definitely need the Yellow support, without them it would be almost impossible for you and Gen. Lim to win. How do you think Sen. Trillanes won? Because he was supported by Escudero's party?

lindy jalbuena said...

Ariel, I will vote for you and I will ask all my friends to do the same.
We have been praying for your release as your incarceration is totally unjust. You are a legend among the Marines because of your bravery and you have been honored even by GMA. But when you spoke up against corruption in her government, she put you behind bars.
God kept you alive for a reason and you even survived dengue in prison. We need brave, incorruptible men like you to fill our Senate halls. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Col, I honestly don't know much about you. For the reasons we all know, I shunned politics in all its forms until Noynoy surfaced in the political arena. I promise nothing much more my vote for you but I sure will find out more about you and decide from there. My dream is to see statesmen in the senate floors. The days when Salonga, Tanada, Aquino and several great Filipino men who brilliantly and eloquently excanhged discourses for and against each other in the name of service and loyalty to our country.

Anonymous said...

NP Senatorial bet Ariel Querubin is now facing CRIMINAL charges for mauling a fellow detained soldier at the Armed Forces headquarters in Camp Aguinaldo. Senatorial bet Ariel Querubin and his wife Maria Flor ganged up on Maj. Jason Aquino of the Scout Rangers…

Anonymous said...

Col Ariel Querubin should have pleaded guilty in the general court martial. rebels who fail to attain thier objectives and did not die for thier cause are harmful and dangerous to society. everybody knows they are running for elected positions to save thier ass.

Post a Comment